Monday, June 18, 2007

Our dog

We found out last week that our dog has cancer. Canine transmissible venereal tumors is what the cancer is called. He got it from 'breeding' with another dog before he was neutered. Thank goodness he doesn't seem be in any pain. He is only 2 years old and has a full life ahead of him so we are going to pay the money for his chemotherapy. A few people have told us, 'just put him to sleep, he's only a dog'. I tried to give the peeps who said that the benefit of the doubt. Well, they don't really like animals, or they dont own an animal. But I still think animals should have a chance at life just as much as we do. I don't see how people can be so mean to animals!! They are so lovable!! Look at that face!! That's 60 pounds of unconditional love sitting on that couch!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Nic, I remember when my cat had a bladder infection. The procedure to help him was gonna cost around $700. My Dad took him to vet, we had decided just to put him to sleep. We all cried, until that night when my dad came home with the cat. He just couldn't do it. I personally think once you get an animal, you are responsible for it for the rest of it's life. I think that is one special dog. So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Anonymous said...

I like your style, the particular inescapable fact that your webpage is a little bit different tends to make it so useful, I get tired of discovering same-old-same-old almost all of the time. I have I just stumbled on this page by you Thank you.