Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I need to get in a good mood

I don't want to sound like a whiny baby, but man do I miss everyone back home. I can't get out of this mood. Everyone tells me what a great opportunity we have to be here. I think it's a good opportunity too (especially with the traveling), but nothing replaces family and friends. I feel like I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces growing up. Will the little ones even know who their Auntie Nic & Uncle Patrick are when we come home next year? I'm missing out on our puppy growing up and our grouchy cat with his moody ways. We just bought a house before we moved over here and we can't even decorate and enjoy it. whine, whine, whine... get over it nicole!! LOL

I think my main problem is that when we lived in Dallas I was on the run all the time. So I went from a busy bee to having absolutely nothing to do. I'm trying to keep myself busy with my new cooking blog, cleaning the house and online shopping. hehe It's amazing what shopping will do to your attitude. :)

If you are reading this, please know I miss you and it would be great to hear from you!!!

Love,
Nic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you, Love. I was the exact same way when I was in Memphis, such a busy bee. I was to the point where I spread myself too thin, running from one place to another. Now that I'm in Puerto Rico it's the complete opposite, I'm at home all day long and it's really hard when you are so used to being so busy and never having any time to yourself. At first, you're like, this is awesome, I can get reconnected with myself. But after a while, when you've finished all the "projects" you wanna do. You really miss family and friends. And all the local hangouts and the fun stuff you used to do.

Don't worry Sweetie, it'll get better, I promise. In the meantime, you know that I'm going through the same thing and I'm here if you need to talk.

Love, Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi pickle...I know it probably sucks, more than anyone in the world it would be you because you are such a family oriented person, but you have got to hang in there...keep your blogs going and keep busy! time to come home will be faster than you think :)

love you too much!

Reina

kelly said...

heavens! i can't even imagine how you are feeling. probably such a mix of emotions. of course this is an incredible amazing opportunity. but it would be so hard at the same time! i'm so impressed. you sound so incredibly optimistic. how luckcy you are that you found the blog world though. that must make keeping in touch with friends and family so much easier!