Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Venice - I know, it's late





We almost didn't make it. We had to leave the house at 4:15am to catch a 7am plane. Well, Dumbass (aka - ME!) set the alarm, but forgot to turn it on. So at 4:20 by some miracle Patrick wakes us up and we jump out of bed to pack the car. 15 minutes later we were on the road. Let me just say, that was the fastest I've E-V-E-R gotten ready in my lifetime. Anyway, We had such a great time! Three nights in Venice.... the weather was sunny and warm. I don't think I've ever walked (or sweated) so much in my life. We rode a gondola (even after thoughtful consideration- it was expensive!!!) and loved it! Went to the Rialto market and browsed all the goodies vendors were selling. I loved the architecture and swarms of people. The food was, let's say, different, but I always cleaned my plate. Mr. "Picky" had a tough time though. LOL All in all it was a fab 1st anniversay. So I guess each year we'll have to top this one..... need to start playing the lottery, and QUICK! HEHE




3 comments:

Christina.B said...

Luv the pics!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I am jealous - that is the 1 place I'm hoping we make it during our last year here!!

Ashley said...

Nicole I am so jealous right now. I am back from my hiatus and I am wishin I was in Venice not helping with a stressful wedding.